We are a group of Christian families who have two primary goals. The first is to offer enrichment opportunities to the homeschooling community via bi-monthly co-op classes. Our second goal is to support and encourage each other as parents/caretakers while offering our children the opportunity to participate in age appropriate activities. CMCHS is comprised of approximately 30-40 families from all over the Central Massachusetts area, including: Worcester, Hudson, Marlboro, Maynard, Northboro, Upton, Lancaster . . .
Each parent/caretaker is involved in teaching or supporting one class hour while the second hour is dedicated to relaxing and being around like-minded women. We offer a wide variety of classes with the main goal being enrichment and social interaction for the children. Class descriptions change each year depending on the teachers, their passions and interests.
A typical Friday at Co-Op runs like this:
- 8:50 – 9:00 – Arrive at the church
- 9:00 – 9:15 – Welcome and announcements
- 9:15 – 10:15 – First hour classes
- 10:15 – 10:40 – Break and snack time
- 10:40 – 11:40 – Second hour classes
- 11:40 – Clean up and leave the church
Children are grouped by grade level, based on birth date (Date Cutoff is August 31). This is a representative sample of classes offered through our co-op. Actual schedules change from year to year, based on the talents, abilities, and interest of our parent-educators. Do you have a special skill that you would like to share? We’d love to have you join and share your knowledge. Don’t feel like you have anything “special” to share? Don’t worry – we know you do and we’ll even help you figure it out, if you’d like.
- Babies: Childcare for ages 0 – 2
- PreK (ages 3 & 4): Stories, Songs and Crafts
- Kindergarten & 1st: Crafts, Games and Music
- 2nd & 3rd: Simple Machines/Literature Study
- 4th & 5th: Educational Games/Young Peacemakers/Science Labs
- 6th & Up: Courses available on an elective basis